Sunday, July 28, 2013

Blogging Challenge - Day Seven (and then she rested)

I started yesterday's post about bucket lists by introducing what might be a new concept to you - the idea of an unbucket list. The idea came from a friend who informed me that she never planned to try on, buy or wear a bathing suit ever again in her life. She had one other thing on her unbucket list - sleeping in a tent. 

I must admit I was intrigued by the idea of a list of things I never planned to do ever again in my lifetime. Imagine the possibilities. Now there are a lot of things I dislike doing that I can't put on such a list - for example, cleaning toilets. That is just one of a myriad of unpleasant household chores that can't be sworn off unless you can afford a cleaning service once a week.

On the other hand, as an adult I can choose to do or not do some things that I didn't have any choice about as a child. I could decide, for example, that I never want to eat broccoli ever again.

I also mentioned in yesterday's post that the older you get the fewer things you can realistically expect to accomplish before you die and any bucket list you make will have to take this into consideration. I guess you could add things you'd like to do but know you won't be able to do to your unbucket list (e.g. - I am never going to Bora Bora), but I don't think that is the purpose or pleasure of an unbucket list.

Rather than making a bucket list, I challenge you to make an unbucket list, and rejoice in the knowledge that there are some things you will never again have to do.  Come to think of it, that should free up a lot of your time to accomplish the things on your bucket list! I call that a "win-win", don't you?

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: