Monday, July 22, 2013

Responding to a Blogging Challenge

So, one of my favorite bloggers, Conversion Diary, has issued a challenge to post something everyday for seven days, starting today. Well this is a challenge indeed, for a number of reasons. First of all I have not  posted anything to my blog since my son, Michael, died last November. I hope the reasons for that are self-explanatory. (I would start to post to my blog, but couldn't think of anything worth talking about in light of that life-changing event.)

Oh, I have other excuses: I keep a one-year old every day and this week my three grandsons (ages 12, 10 and 7) will be here as well, and the weather is rainy with a chance of rain, and I need to plan indoor activities for them. . . etc., etc. etc.

But then I remembered that the woman issuing this blogging challenge has six children under the age of 10 and they all live with her ALL THE TIME.  She homeschools, blogs, writes books - and that barely scratches the surface of her active life. Needless to say I am in awe of her. So I decided to participate in her blogging challenge.

One last thing for today's post: not to sound too much like a country song, but my dog died last week, so the grandchildren will help to fill an otherwise empty house.

Thanks for the challenge Jen!




No comments: