Thursday, July 25, 2013

Blogging Challenge - Day Four

Ok, ya gotta understand, we were in the car all day driving to Dillon, SC for my Aunt's funeral, which was this evening. So I've been kind of busy see. Well now I have about a half hour to write something witty, or pithy or brilliant. Let's face it...it's not gonna happen tonight.

I will share with you a few thoughts about spending time with cousins and other relatives that I only see at funerals or maybe once a year or so. Everyone has extended family like that. If you're lucky, you enjoy being with family that you don't see very often, and you think, gee, I wish we lived closer so we could get together more often. But of course, the reality is that you probably only enjoy being with some family members because you see them so infrequently. If you lived in the same town with them you still might only see them at funerals, right?

Regardless, I feel blessed to have a family that can and does share laughter, tears, memories and a history - even if we don't see each other very often. I don't know how common that is in other families, but I hope you have experienced it and if you have, I hope you cherish it.

UPDATE: I finished this post before midnight on Thursday, July 25th; however Google blogger would not allow me to save or publish my post until after midnight. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

No comments: